The Baldwinsville Academy opened in 1867. This high school was located on Elizabeth Street. Several additions were built on to the original building, one in 1906 and one in 1923.
In 1952, Baldwinsville Academy and Central School, now called Charles W.Baker High School, opened its north wing to elementary school students. The high school graduating class of 1953 attended school at the Academy on Elizabeth Street, but held their commencement ceremony in the new high school building.
The first graduating class to attend school in the building now known as Baker High School was the class of 1954. The school was named after Charles W. Baker, who had been a teacher and an administrator with the district for many years.
Over the last 65 years the school has undergone several renovations to provide students with the best possible physical environment conducive to the learning process.
Scope of Collection
This collection includes yearbooks from 1887 to 2007. These yearbooks were all published by the secondary school in Baldwinsville, NY, and contain information about the school, its students, and their education and activities. The school and the yearbooks changed names several times over the years. Several yearbooks contain additional inserted materials, including newspaper clippings, photocopies, and pamphlets. These materials are also digitized and included in the collection.